LET US TAKE CARE OF YOUR AIR-CONDITIONING MAINTENANCE
Air conditioners play a vital role in making our daily lives more comfortable, be it at home or in public or shared spaces. Aircons do more than just keeping your environment cold or warm. They facilitate the purification of the air by filtering out particles, odour, bacteria, and harmful chemicals.
THE IMPORTANCE OF SERVICING YOUR AIRCON UNITS
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SERVICING AND REPAIRING:
- A service is needed if your unit is still working but not at its optimal level or is due for its annual service.
- A repair is needed if your unit is giving you any errors, flashing lights, or not working at all as this could indicate a part failure or installation error.
GOOD REASONS TO SERVICE YOUR AC:
If you want to prolong the life of your aircon, it is important to have it checked regularly. There are several advantages that come along with it.
Eliminating health risks
ensuring your filters are cleaned regularly minimises the amount of any bacteria, viruses, mould, and allergens that build up in your filters which could be harmful to your health.
Purifies the air
dirty aircons produce impure and contaminated air due to the dust and oil particles trapped in the fans. Servicing helps clean all the dirt and oil.
Saves costs and energy
it will minimise the need to do any major repairs and when the unit is clean it works at its optimum capacity. A faulty aircon consumes more energy due to heat wasted during the process of warming up the aircon system and vice versa during the cooling process. Servicing your aircon cleans all parts of the aircon and this makes the process of heating or cooling up the system easier and faster. When the aircon heats up or cools down quickly less energy is consumed and servicing your unit regularly will help you preserve its efficiency, and this will help you keep your electricity costs low.
Optimum cooling and heating temperatures and peak performance of your aircon unit
An air conditioner that is not working well is likely to produce inconsistent air temperatures. If filters are blocked due to dirt build up, or coils are dirty this can prevent your aircon from working at its full capacity, which means the unit will take longer to reach your desired temperature set and continue to work harder to maintain that level of temperature set if it is able to do so. This means more energy is used and more money is spent on electricity bills.
Eradicating bad odour
as a result from a build-up of mould, bacteria, or other organisms in the filters or system.
Maintaining your warranty
manufacturers of air conditioning systems demand regular servicing to maintain the quality of the aircon. Servicing is a crucial aspect of maintaining quality because it prevents deterioration due to wear and tear and other activities.
Preventing any serious problems
which would lead to major shutdowns or complete unit failure. Servicing your aircon is an important activity, much like how you take good care of your car and service it annually, so the same should be done with your aircon unit or system. Servicing may seem like a time-wasting activity, but the benefit of regular servicing far outweigh the time spent and cost that could be incurred if you do not service your unit.
IMPLICATIONS OF NOT SERVICING YOUR AIRCON
Prevention is always better than cure, and preventative maintenance is much more cost effective than having to replace expensive parts or replace your unit altogether. Some implications of irregular service and maintenance to your aircon unit can include some of the following:
- Compressor and main component failures due to incorrect refrigerant pressures as well as any dirt build up in the system.
- Blockages in any parts of the system itself due to dirt build up causing insufficient airflow, insufficient drainage of condensate, insufficient cooling or heating and overall insufficient operation of your unit
- Leakage of refrigerant which will have a negative influence on the operation of the unit.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A SERVICE?
- Cleaning of the air filters of the indoor unit.
- Cleaning of the indoor and outdoor coils.
- Check indoor and outdoor fan motors as well as fan blades for any damage or imbalance and clean the indoor barrel fan so that airflow is sufficient.
- Check all electrical connections and running current.
- Check for oil spots on refrigerant piping.
- Check and clean condensate drains.
- Check cooling and heating operations are running optimally.
- Check refrigerant pressures, assess drainpipes for any blockages.
TO ENQUIRE ABOUT OUR MAINTENANCE PLANS, PLEASE CONTACT US BY COMPLETING THIS FORM BELOW
Remember, we are experts in:
We assist with the design and installation concepts.
Making sure your installation happens on time and within budget.
Air-conditioning & refrigeration
We have over 15 years experience in these industries.
Mechanical & Maintenance Services
Making sure your HVAC systems are always in tip top shape.
Our engineers have excellent knowledge and experience in ventilation systems.
We pride ourselves on delivering the best service and our client track record goes to show.